<VV> LM Aftermarket Radio install [ DIN ]

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Thu Jun 19 16:54:40 EDT 2014

I have the entire dash apart on my Late Model. I have a single DIN stereo
that I want to make look like a really nice install. I am open to cutting
the stock sheetmetal and welding onto it if necessary. The first problem I
see is that the face of the center section is constructed at an angle, this
means that the aftermarket radio (at 90 degrees to the floor) will need
some sort of wedge shaped opening like the stock radio has. I've considered
cutting & modifying the stock radio bezel to keep the new stereo from
angling down towards the floor. Since the bezel is made of pot metal, I
don't see any method of modifying the bezel face for mounts after I cut it
to accept the aftermarket radio. I'm not even certain that using the stock
bezel is the best way to approach this. The car has factory A/C so I will
benefit from the smaller size of a new aftermarket radio with more power
and better features. A smaller radio will yield more working space for
ducting and mechanical considerations. Can anyone who has tackled this
operation offer any ideas to help me approach my dilemma in an orderly
manner?

Nick

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,71286,71681#msg-71681

http://corvaircenter.com/phorum/read.php?1,205950,324504#msg-324504