<VV> Noisy lifters

James Cuneo jamescuneo at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 13:34:13 EDT 2014

Hello, You may recall the saga of mine regarding the cracking pistons in my 140/turbo.It's back on the road again with new forged pistons, rebuilt heads and clarks roller rockers.The bottom end has about 13k miles on it since rebuilt in 07 with"deep dimple" lifters, otto tb20 270 cam, american pi adjustable cam gear. Custom length pushrods.Trouble is, I cannot get the "deep dimple" lifters adjusted so that they are quiet. Sounds like an older 911, tappity tappity.This has been a problem since 07.I have good oil pressure, 30 psi at idle. 40 at 3k. Verified with multiple gauges.I have tried tried comp cams roller tip rockers as well as stock rockers to no avail. I have followed every method of recommended of adjustment. Static, running, 1/4 turn, 1/2, 1turn, shop manual etc.I suspect the lifters just leak down to much while running so that there is always lash.Any advice before I replace all lifters with new?If I do, sealed power? others?Thank you, Jim Cuneo65 corsa 140/turbonorcal