<VV> Membership

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Sun Mar 2 17:55:22 EST 2014

Ned:  I am well aware, probably more than you can imagine, of the grief you and others took when you were on the CORSA/CPF BoD.  Don't ask  how I know.

I only served one stint on the CORSA/CPF BoD because my wife keep asking me, "You are doing this Why?!" as I fretted and fumed and wrote responses in my head instead of sleeping.  Go review the BoD minutes in the Communiques between 1999 and 2002.  Read between the lines.  It was fixing to be a near blood letting.  Which didn't happen, in part because I was there.  Then I  managed, with the help of some others, to get something fixed.  Cost me at least one friendship within CPF community.  Which saddens me to this day.

You can have an opinion.  I value your opinion.  I just want you - and others - to have those opinions, and to express those opinions, within the CORSA Community.  I put my mouth where my money is, stayed in CORSA after I dropped off the
BoD, and have helped on a couple occasions for good because I knew stuff.  Don't ask.

Don't give up on CORSA just because whatever the change you want doesn't happen within the time frame you want to see it happen in.  My perception is, you think the CORSA Convention should be widely open to any Corvair hobbist.  Several different CORSA BoD's, made up of many different people, say no.  Adjust to this reality.  That hobby horse is dead, at least for the near future.   I bet you don't walk away from your employer just because they say no to a position you strongly hold.  Or your community and/or the state where you live.  Or your country.

Please reup.  You too, Bob and Hank.  CORSA is worth being a part of, no matter how ugly it seems  - or is - at times, no matter how non-responsive it seems at times.  It is not a perfect organization, because, as I recently noted, it is made up of imperfect people.  Including me.

And yes, I can produce a list of former BoD members who are no longer CORAS members because of multiple examples of stupid, vindictive ugly conduct by both CORSA BoD members and "normal" CORSA members.  Also saddens me to this day.  And I'll bet if we both worked at it, my list will be bigger than yours!  Sadly bigger than yours. If you win, I'll buy you one year CORSA Membership.  If you win, you buy me a beer.  OH! Wait!! I don't drink swamp water!!  VBG!!!

Historically Yours,
                      James

PS:  Hope you are at the PCG Workshop, as I'd like to talk to you about VLJs.

PSS: And thanks for all of you who corrected what I thought I knew about aircraft museums in the Pacific NW.  Opps!!

Message: 1Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2014 22:34:39 -0500 (EST)From: aeroned at aol.comSubject: Re: <VV> Convention & MembershipTo: virtualvairs at corvair.orgYup, I'm no longer a CORSA member. I dropped my membership after serving on the CORSA board. I saw lots of ugly stuff. What do they say? If you like sausage, you should watch how it's made.

So James, I guess I can't have an opinion on what would make CORSA better? If CORSA was willing to make some changes maybe it could increase membership instead of driving it away. How many other former
BoD members are no longer CORSA members? I can think of a few besides me.

Ned