<VV> Missed the Point (was: membership)

Vairtec Corporation vairtec at comcast.net
Mon Mar 3 11:26:30 EST 2014

I think we got off-track.  My point originally was intended as not who
can or should join CORSA, it was how might CORSA attract new members.

There are many ways by which this might be done.  One was the
recommendation proposed for the 2012 Sturbridge convention, to offer an
option to permit non-members to attend, in the form of a higher
non-member registration rate.

A non-member rate brings in additional revenue (in the form of the
convention registration fees) and does not incur member services costs
(such as Communique mailing).  Most importantly, being welcoming to
non-members showcases the organization and its people to potential new
members.

Offered such an option, some will join -- a win.  Some will not join,
but we get their money -- a win.

--Bob