<VV> Fwd: Chrysler/Fiat orders Rare Collector Car Crushed - Non-Corvair

Jim Becker jim.becker at verizon.net
Thu Mar 6 12:43:14 EST 2014

I doubt that any of the heard-hitting professional journalists that repeated
this story went back for a second source.  I don't even see a line like
"Chrysler was contacted for comments but failed to respond."  Looks to me
like they are all depending on the same original source.  Repeating an
inaccurate story doesn't make it so.  I doubt that the director of the Lemay
verified anything, probably just responded to a question.  All he said was
he would like to have one for the museum.

find several posts that poke other holes in the story.  I didn't go confirm
their comments.  I still consider the email piece of the story to be the red
flag.

Jim Becker