<VV> Fwd: Chrysler/Fiat orders Rare Collector Car Crushed- Non-Corvair

Karl Haakonsen (cityhawk@pobox.com) karlhaakonsen at comcast.net
Thu Mar 6 21:55:34 EST 2014

According to this article, It seems liability is listed as the primary reason. However the vehicle is owned by Chrysler and loaned to the schools. It seems stupid that they can't just take the cars back and sell them to private collectors "as is." They could make a lot of money for the company and there has to be some way to limit the liability, even disabling the engine somehow. If buyers wish to re-enable their engine, how is that different than me taking a 600 hp engine and putting it on a go kart and killing myself? I don't know, it just seems a stupid and unnecessary loss of history.