<VV> Powered By Corvair.

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Sun Mar 9 18:01:59 EDT 2014

Gary:  CORSA is a big group of folks, most of whom have a special interest.  We got along pretty well, as we all ultimately need each other.  But sometimes we do not understand fully the others interest.  We have about 10 or so special interest groups. SIG's for short.  I don't remember how many at the moment.  They are listed in the Communique every other issue.  I think.

One of CORSA's SIG's is the Performance Corvair Group, whose meeting I got back from last night.

The one SIG we do not have, and I think need, is a Powered By Corvair (PBC) SIG.  I'm not going to do it.  I've not heard anybody offer to do it.  Some body ought to do it.  It would include kit cars, buggies (street and race), formula and sports racing car, airboats, boatboats and aircraft.  There was at least one Corvair powered helo.   Who knows what else?!!

If you join CORSA, you could start the PBC SIG and be "king" of your own castle.  And have fun with those with the same interest.  I don't have a Powered By Corvair anything, by have thought about it more than once.  I have files about them.  So if you join, start the PBC SIG, I'll make copies of what I have for you.

Go to the Convention.  Talk to the people who don't understand your interest.  They are no weirder than you are, only different in their weirdness.  Find those who have your interest.  Find Seth Emerson.  He will point you in the right direction.   You will have fun.

Historically Yours

                    James Rice

Message: 4Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 11:10:40 -0800From: Gary Berry <duallycc at gmail.com>Subject: Re: <VV> Access to Convention and DonationsTo: Virtual Vairs VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Hey All;

Thanks for all of the great information. I'm about 3 hours east of Tacoma and have had thoughts about heading over the mountains to see the cars that are there. No intention of attending any of the events other than the car shows if possible. What I'm really interested in is to see if there is any support for
Corvair based fiberglass buggys.

I won't be joining CORSA as my interactions with the folks in the local area chapter have been fairly dismal. For instance, at the local big car show, the group of us with
Corvair based fiberglass buggys walk over to their area (on the asphalt) and oogle over their rides, but non of them come over to our area (local VW club area) and view our rides. As it turns out, I think we are the red-headed stepchildren of both the Covair crowd and the VW crowd. Now on the other hand, the folks here in the cyber world have been outstanding which is why I would like to donate to the fellow that runs this forum.
Gary BerryFiberglass BuggysProsser, WA