<VV> Corvair Performance Group Workshop 11 Report(long)

BBRT chsadek at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 22:24:33 EDT 2014

First of all, the weather cooperated. Turns out we were between storms. The
PCG Thursday evening arrivals walked a block to a restaurant to eat
together, then gathered in the lobby area moving to the breakfast room and
began bench racing.

The next morning, Friday, March 7th, it was a beautiful day with temps up
into the mid-fifties. We started with our tour of Advanced Racing
Suspensions. ARS provides technical analysis of suspension issues, they make
and repair shock absorbers for all types of racing, including a line of
quarter midget shocks. All are custom valved with various combinations of
disks and orifices to give desired low speed and speed high responses in
both directions. After that, many went to LeVair Performance to sample their
open house. Others toured Dallara and/or the Indianapolis Motor Speedway
Museum.
Friday late afternoon was vendor set-up at TKO Graphics, in Plainfield, just
west of the Airport. We met at the Coachman for dinner, a restaurant that
has served us well and did so this year too. All returned to the host hotel
for a get together with racing videos, snacks and drinks.

Saturday began early. Registration started at 7:30 am. It went well as many
pre-registered. 92 paid attendance. We began our program with announcments
of the V8 Drag racing event, a Mini Convention at Branson, MO and the NECC
Track day in NY in May. We held elections. Tracy LeVeque is our new
President. She has experience holding large gatherings and already has plans
for next year.

The program went very well and followed the schedule as posted on the PCG
web site. The much appreciated door prizes contributed by Clarks and John
Sweet  were raffled at the end of the on-site lunch break. Lunch was good,
provided by Circle City Corvairs, the Host Club. After the afternoon
program, the big door prizes were drawn for. They were the Charlie Doerge
book  "Don Yenko and the Yenko Stinger", the rod end lateral control arms
donated by Ken Hand of Handy Car Care, the special custom rear springs from
David Clemens, owner of Stinger Motorsports, and the Flaming River Quick
Steering box. Our thanks to all of the door prize providers.

Saturday evening, the Mexi-fest was hosted by Michael and Tracy LeVeque.
Very good as usual and a lot of fun.

Tom Miller with help from Kathy and Randy Clark and other Circle City
Corvair folks were instrumental in hosting the event providing everything
the PCG needed to present a program. Randy was able to get TKO Graphics to
allow us to have our workshop there. Quite an operation.

Thank you to all of our presenters. Talks were very good and informative.
Micahel LeVeque bought his Monzter orange car for display. Very nice.

Seth Emerson of Silicone Wire Systems provided the majority of the effort
toward developing presentations. He single-handily did the A/V set up, the
computer operation, and connection with the CCC-provided projector. He is
the glue that held the presentation/workshop together and made our program
so good.  I applaud him for his efforts.

Chuck Sadek
Recent President
Performance Corvair Group

.