<VV> Lords of the Car Hoards, in my not so humble opinion.

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Tue Mar 18 09:50:47 EDT 2014

Well,

I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch this new show which aired here at
10:PM.

Lucky for them it follows Fast and Loud, one of my favorite and most popular
car shows at the moment.

My first impression is, It sucks dirty canal water! This gambit has been
done, re-done and overdone.

A two bit small time "rassler" and a noted car customizer, Rick Dore who
must be down on his luck and needed the money to participate in this
mindless charade.

As was expected they showed no respect or knowledge of the Corvair and
parroted the same misconceptions about "Cuzzin Ralphie" being responsible
for the demise of the car.

The shows formula is a boilerplate stamping of all the other "car shows"
right up to the pull away crane shot end of scene sun going down and lights
being turned off.

Same ridiculous schedule, running out of money cliff hanger, same bullshit
drama as in slamming and kicking inanimate objects. Question: Do you kick a
punching bag or punch a kicking bag?

Also includes at least one unfortunate looking person who's talents are
always in question but, turns out to be a genius or idiot savant, I'm not
sure which.

As expected the day is saved, a "customized" car is delivered to the oohs
and ahhs of the crowd and a tear is shed for a happy ending and the promise
of a wedding after a ten year wait.

I'm not real clear on the clinical definition of a hoarder be it cats,
garbage or cars but, that guy appeared to fit the current definition. We
Corvair folk tend to see them (Corvair hoarders) as preserving

The parts and pieces that keep our favorite brand alive. Of course we have
all encountered the guy who will not give up any of his stash because he is
going to need those parts later.

A note here, there is NO way I could ever have that kind of parts hoard in
my back yard! The by laws prohibit it and the neighbors would sue the snot
out of me, not to mention I would end up single as he was!

The customization of any Corvair is a difficult thing at best. It's hard to
improve on those classic lines. As you all know I am not a purist here and I
like different things but, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I actually liked the small 2" chop in the vans roof. The classic custom
touches like twin frenched antennae and the air scoops on the sides for the
engine were very old school but in my opinion okay.

Not too sure about the gold metal flake paint though.

Rick Norris

1st CORSA President, 1971

www.corvairalley.com <http://www.corvairalley.com/>

Hurricane WV