<VV> FC Steering Column Jacket needed

EVERETT WILSON aircooled6 at prodigy.net
Wed Mar 19 21:35:21 EDT 2014

So Im driving me and my daughter home from kickball practice and the turnsignal felt a little sloppy.  Then, the steering wheel and shaft seemed to move side to side a lot more than usual.   Short drive, thankfully.  Got home, pulled the wheel off and the signal switch and found the end of the column at the top was missing two of the four "tabs" that hold the cone and switch and bearing and the whole top end of the steering shaft in place from side-side movement.

See the pic.

Anyone got a spare column jacket I can buy for a reasonable cost?   Its a 64 if it matters.  I dont know if it does.   If someone in the DFW has one, I can come and get it to avoid packing/shipping.

This is my Daily Driver, so I need it back in service asap!!

I have to drive the "old Man Car" (94 olds 88 ) in the mean time.  Ugh!!

Thanks!

I posted this on CCF also, but not everyone reads both.

Everett Wilson
North Richland Hills TX