<VV> Increased delivery time warning

Grant Young gyoungwolf at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 20 20:25:20 EDT 2014

This is just a heads up for anyone planning to install a part on your Corvair that has to be delivered. I am still waiting on a pan gasket (and other parts) that was ordered Sunday and shipped to me using USPS Priority Mail 2-day (their estimate) on Monday. It has not arrived yet (on Thursday). I have found that small parts shipped via "First Class" mail can now take 3-7 days or more (one recent catalog took 2 weeks to go 3 states away), regardless of how far they have to go. I still use the USPS because their flat rate boxes save my customers a lot of money as they usually make it in 3-5 days, but will no longer take a chance with them when something has to be there on time. So if you are planning a day to install something that has to arrive, you should choose UPS or FedEx, IMHO. This poor service has to be a piece of why USPS is losing big money. No intent to start a thread, just a heads up.
Grant