<VV> Drop Lights

Bill & Chris Strickland lechevrier at q.com
Thu Mar 20 23:32:51 EDT 2014

I recently bought a couple of regular bulb replacements -- LED type --
the interesting thing was when I unpacked them (bubble pack) they appear
to be a glass bulb with a shatter resistant coating (look like one of
those Tuffy Bulbs), and I said to me, "Drop light bulbs!"  About 60 watt
light output for about 7.5 watts electricity.  And they are cool
running.  What's not to like?  They aren't free.

But here in the northwest, Lowes and Home Despot seem to be having a bit
of a price war on these bulbs, Cree brand.  The other day, HD was
cheapest at $4.97 each.

Just finished an under the wheel well job, and it worked just like I
hoped -- well.  Seems like an ideal bulb for us older duffers that like
things sorta the way they were yesterday, especially our drop lights.

Bill Strickland