<VV> Update on 1965 Monza convertible

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 23 12:04:51 EDT 2014

My opinion - If you have 12 to spend, look for a better car.

This one - you could buy (maybe) for 7 and then put another 5 to 7 into it,
but you will not be able to enjoy driving at least part of the time until
the work is completed.

The 140 engine could be a "real" 140 or a 110 with 140 heads.  I doubt that
would make much, if any, difference in the value except to a "pure stock"
person.

At the 12,000 level, you could likely find a very nice Corsa which should
have a real 140 or a turbo.  It would be my suggestion to avoid the turbos -
well, at least until you have been around Vairs and Vair people long enough
to learn some of the idiosyncrasies of the various power plants.

PS   Late model verts NEED those "cocktail shakers" in all 4 corners.  The
typical test for body sag is to open both doors at the same time and stand
in the center of the car.  Then see if the doors (individually) will close
properly.

Good hunting!

Later, JR