<VV> Was 1965 Monza; Now Old Car Price Guide

RoboMan91324 at aol.com RoboMan91324 at aol.com
Sun Mar 23 14:17:18 EDT 2014

Hi JR,

I was going to get into that as well as other points but my  original post
was getting kind of long.

I agree that the 140 is a higher valued engine but it isn't  the original
engine to the car.  It was a 110, as I recall.   Opinions vary as to what the
value of "as built" is but I would consider this to  be a "wash."  Better
engine vs. original engine.  I suspect the 20%  figure stated in OCPG has to
do with original engines.

Of course, the value of a numbers matching, all  original car varies with
the make and model.  Whatever the HP, having the original engine in my 1960
Corvette adds  huge value to the car but this is less the case with Corvairs.
 We each  need to determine the value of originality for ourselves.
Believe it or  not, some people take a perfectly good original small block out of
a mid 60's  Vette and drop in a big block.  Don't get me started.

Doc

1960 Corvette, 1961 Rampside, 1962 Rampside, 1964 Spyder  coupe, 1965
Greenbrier, 1966 Canadian Corsa turbo coupe, 1967 Nova SS, 1968  Camaro ragtop

In a message dated 3/23/2014 10:26:04 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,