<VV> 110 vs 140 Heads

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Mon Mar 24 18:08:53 EDT 2014

I undrstand the flow of the 95 HP heads and better low end torque, but how
does faster air fix the issue of valve seats falling out from cold air
rushing through hot seats?

Frank DuVal

Original email:
From: MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:06:04 -0700
To: hmlinc at sbcglobal.net, virtualvairs at corvair.org, maxspeed at juno.com
Subject: Re: <VV> 110 vs 140 Heads

To avoid the valve seat issue, take a 95 head and add the 4x1 Clarks
conversion. The smaller intake runners flow a faster air mix than the 140
heads that gives better low end torque. Mark Durham Hauser Idaho.