<VV> 110 vs 140 heads,

Cliff Tibbitts cliff at tibweb.com
Mon Mar 24 21:12:12 EDT 2014

Regarding 95 vs 110 vs 140, I can only speak from my own experience.  I
have a 66 Monza.   I am using an engine that began life in 66 as a 110, and
now wears 65-140 HP heads.  The car is air-conditioned with the condenser
in the stock location, (aided by two auxiliary fans)

My car runs cool.  I do remove the lower shrouds in the summer.  With the
A/C on, the car typically runs 375 degrees, (Corsa dash)  Granted the
nearly 50 year old gauge and thermister could be off.  However, when I stop
the car the engine is still relatively cool to the touch and my 3 year old
oil temp gauge says the oil temp is right around 200 degrees.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I think 140's can be made to work well.  But it
is imperative that you have the heads rebuilt with the deeper seats

Just my humble.

Cliff Tibbitts
66 Monza 140/4-speed A/C