<VV> 110 vs 140 Heads

jvhroberts at aol.com jvhroberts at aol.com
Tue Mar 25 10:53:05 EDT 2014

 I always wondered about a different alloy for the seats.
Aluminum has a CTE of about 13 ppm/F.
There's a bunch of steel alloys, such as high manganese steel, molybdenum steel alloys, certain types of hardenable cast iron and some cast stainless alloys that just about match this in the temperature range of interest. I think aircraft engines have taken this approack.
Anyway, something to think about. Seats are simple parts to machine, from a CNC standpoint.

John Roberts