<VV> BO & P v-8!

ricebugg at comcast.net ricebugg at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 15:06:08 EDT 2014

All:  As I said, "IIRC..."  The no Pontiac alloy V-8 info came from a Pontiac guy, because I referred to the 215 as a BOP in some other conversation.  He said P did not use the alloy V-8.  I remember the 326 and slant 4 from back when they were new and I was young...like in high school.   So I thank all of you for the correction.  It is just incredible what this group knows and/or can find.

Now if I can just remember who the Pontiac guy was who told me wrong!

Wonder if any of the alloy engined Tempest are still around.  Seems like it would be a very rare car after all these years.

And Seth is so very correct about Jack Brabham using the BOP block in his F-1 car to win back to back championships in '66 & 67.  I forgot about that application.  I also know he will say the Westlake V-12 which powered Dan Gurney's F-1 Eagle in 1967 wasn't an American engine.  And I might just agree with him.  It was just funded with American money from GoodYear.  And it was a beautiful engine in what many say was the best looking F-1 car in that era, if nor forever.

Back to our regular programming.

Historically Yours,
                   James