<VV> Off-Topic (mostly)- Buick motors

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Tue Mar 25 17:30:37 EDT 2014

Yes, Buick used torque ratings on their air cleaners during the 60s.

It generates confusion nowadays, but it was common knowledge back then.

Frank DuVal

Original email:
-----------------
From: dennis dorogi dfamily at fairpoint.net
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2014 17:05:54 -0400
To: jwilson at unctv.org, tkalp at cox.net, jvhroberts at aol.com,
virtualvairs at corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> Off-Topic (mostly)- Buick motors

We owned a 65 Skylark with a 300 CID motor but it was a Wildcat 355 with a
4
barrel Carter AFB carburator so you are right to be confused.  It had 11:1
compression.   It was a very peppy car - my kids drove it to college and
just loved it.  I restored it and sold it at the Buick Nationals when it
was
in Buffalo.  Very nice car.

Dennis D.