<VV> wiring question

judynrandy at comcast.net judynrandy at comcast.net
Tue Mar 25 23:08:57 EDT 2014

I have a wiring question.  I am in the process of installing a Spyder dash in my 60 4 dr.  I also have removed the droopy glove box and non-functioning radio.
The original dash has also been removed.  Upon removal, everything was labeled for re-installation later.
Since the door jamb switches were messed up, and the wiring to them hosed, there will never be a better time to fix that as well.
I have a '61 parts car.  I've gotten a new glove box,  and various other switches and parts off of it.  The car also had 2 spd wipers and washers.  The 60 has single
speed wipers and washers.  It looked like a "bolt-in swap".
Well, I thought I remembered what wire went where.  I missed something as on the back of the 2-spd switch there is a black wire connector to nowhere.
 I have no clue what plugs into it.  It goes on the bottom pin on the switch.  A connector plugs onto the pin, and a 3 inch pigtail with another connector comes
off of it.
Coming off the wiper motor itself are 2 more connectors in question.  A red one, and another connector with both a black and brown wire in it.  The red and
brown ones go off into the wiring harness that heads up under the dash,  but the black wire seems to veer off and join the wiring harness that goes down into the
tunnel.  Strange.  I am at a loss because both the '60 and '61 shop manuals have wiring diagrams of only single spd wipers  with washers.  They look like the same diagrams.  Unfortunately, they are both listed separately.  The associated wiring to the actual wiper motor/washer assembly I have sitting on my garage floor doesn't
look anything like the book.  HEEEEELP!!!!!!!!  Could someone please hook me up with the correct wiring diagrams?  Or at least clue me in on what's going on?
No reasonable offer refused.  Thanks a million in advance!!!!

Randy (Cap'n) Hook
Hopewell, PA

'60 4dr 700 '64' 110/4spd
'63 ragtop 110/pg