<VV> FC starter nosepieces, variations.

J. R. Read hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 1 11:04:57 EDT 2014

FC and car starters are all the same - EXCEPT the '60 model which has the
solenoid in a different position.  A low battery can cause the solenoid to
not fully engage on the ring gear and damage the teeth on the ring gear.
Could this cause the nose piece on the starter to break?  I've not had that
happen, but I'd suspect that the potential is there for that to happen.

Later, JR