<VV> Not Getting Stranded

Jim Davis jld at wk.net
Mon Nov 3 14:10:30 EST 2014

Been there done that in the 61 Rampside.   I couldn't get the engine to
idle below 1,200 rpm but other than that is ran fine.  Quite a bit of
spark scatter at low rpm but above 2,000 rpm everything was good.   I
drove it like that for two months until after semester exams (I was a
full time college student at LSUS).  I thought it might been a loose
harmonic dampener.  I dropped the drive train to change the dampener and
found it moved in and out about 1/2 inch easily. Removing the top cover
reveled a broken crank between the #3 and #4 connecting rod journals.
Fortunately, I was in my garage at home and had the Corsa for daily
transportation while I gathered parts for a rebuild.
Jim Davis