<VV> UltraVan #285 for sale in Austin TX

Owen owenstrawn at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 09:32:36 EST 2014

reply x prohibited[?]
◀ prev ▲ next ▶
 Very very very Rare 1967 Ultra Van Rv #285 - $1000 (South Austin)
condition: fairsize / dimensions: 22 ft long by 8 ft wide

This RV is totally restorable,but it needs a little more than I have the time to give right now.
I bought it sight unseen,and I was under the impression that it was in just slightly better condiyion than iy actually is. I give it a 4 to 5 on a 1 to 10 scale,and would say that it will need time,and about $1500 to $2500 to get it restored properly.
It will need new ignition key,new middle pannel on the 3 piece windshield assembly,very minor body work in the front where it looks like it scraped something while someone tried moving it or something (minor work) It did not come with the AC option on the roof,and I haven't noticed a generator on it.It needs 4 tires ( it is on rims, with 4 pieces of broken sealed rubber that used to be tires.It does not have a spair right now. It also needs a title,has bill of sale only.
Good things are,
Definately restorable
Motor and drive are the original corvair set-up and are 100 percent in tact,and do not appear to have been messed with at all.
Appliances are in tact and look good.
Interior is in pretty descent shape for the most part

Only about 370 of these ever produced.About 250 of them are still on the road today,and this one will be also for whoever buys it.A true testament to its ingenuity.Built by an aircraft engineer who designed for boeing airlines,it was way ahead of its time
Built like an airplane fusile lodge,it is one of the lightest 22 ft rvs ever made at only 3300 to 3500 pds and attaining 16 to 20 mpg.
price is firm,so please do not call to negotiate.I hate to sell it,and I would hate even more to part it out,but it is worth quite a bit of money to me parted out because of its rarity.It is a true marvel of weight distribution,and aerodynamics and should be restored.
My number is 512-437-1033 if interested
Thanks

http://austin.craigslist.org/rvs/4748552069.html