<VV> Seat Recommendations.

Smitty vairologist at cox.net
Thu Nov 6 14:27:34 EST 2014

Smitty Says;  Way back when the article first came out in the Communique about putting Sebring seats in a Corvair I kind of cringed and then told myself nobody cares what you think.  No doubt in my mind keeping your face out of the dashboard is a good idea, But I don’t think it would feel any better to be strapped to a seat that is coming with you to the dashboard.  I haven’t even looked under the floor to see but I’ll bet the floor pan and seat rails for those seats is far away stronger than the mountings for a Corvair seat.  I would suggest that if you are going to make that conversion that you do considerable shade tree engineering to reenforce the floor mountings, and don’t even think of using the Corvair rails.