<VV> NEW STYLE BALLAST

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Wed Nov 12 23:59:20 EST 2014

Tim, if this sign is going to be around your ham station, the switching
supply mat generate a LOT of RFI and drive your receivers crazy.

Of course even the transformer driven neon made some interference also.

I have had to get Lithonia to replace ballasts for me in brand new
fluorescent lights. Lots of RFI from switching ballasts if they are
poorly designed. The quiet ballasts had a higher current rating for the
same two tube fixtures. I guess energy savings is why they push the
noisy ones.

BTW, I have also had two of those compact fluorescent lamps fail in a
shower of sparks. Another one got so hot it turned the white base brown
as it failed. I never had these issues with incandescent. They were just
hot all the time!

Frank DuVal