<VV> Classic Car Storage for Winter

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Thu Nov 13 00:20:08 EST 2014

I had the burst of flaming fuzz option on my '63 (different from Bording's
burst of fuzz defroster option).  My '63 lost some teeth on its cam gear.  I
pulled the engine and the muffler and some other parts sat on the floor of
my garage for a few months.  When I reinstalled the motor and all the parts,
I wanted to run the engine at 2000 rpm for about 20 minutes.  It didn't want
to easily rev to 2000 rpm and I was wondering if I was a tooth off.  Then
lots of flaming/smoldering mouse nests came out the tail pipe and it ran
great.  A little steel wool in both ends of the muffler would have made this
a non problem.

dp