<VV> 1969 performance issues

Matt Nall patiomatt at aol.com
Wed Nov 19 16:57:22 EST 2014

Without the smog pumps, it was everything I expected, and the performance
impressed a lot of muscle car in "unsanctioned events"!  I was a happy
camper, finally!

Actually there was only ONE  AIR  PUMP [  Air  Injection reaction ]  that only  blew cold air  into the exhaust manifolds

You have to change  quite a bit more to gain any performance..  manifolds,  jetting , timing Curve.

My 47k  mile '69 110  had all the above along with 65  heads with the step modified to clear the piston domes [ as told by original owner]

High Rise air filtration system and D&M  Big Single  with a 3" Flowmaster 50  with one perforated baffle in the exhaust tip.

The car was clocked at 117 mph on certified radar at 5,000  ft elevation on a cool night, and achieved high 20's mpg on highway trips

Matt Nall
Charleston, Oregon
http://tinyurl.com/The-Corvair-Patio

http://tinyurl.com/Matts-Tech-Pages