<VV> Early model engine seal material

Robert Brought blbrought at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 22:01:01 EST 2014

I am in the process of preparing early engine sheet metal for powder
coating.  While pulling the original staples from the old rubberized fabric
on the side shields, I seem to recall having seen a slick alternative to
the stock method at one of our Corvair gatherings. If I recall correctly,
someone used Volkswagen (heaven forbid!!) seal material that slipped onto
the edge of the sheet metal and looked clean and neat and did not require
and staples or pop rivets.

Does anyone recall having seen this or know what material was used??  I am
more interested in clean and simple than pure stock.

Bob Brought
CorsaSC