<VV> Starter issue ~ used-but-good solenoids ?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Thu Nov 20 14:57:27 EST 2014

It me be easier swapping out the whole starter than the solenoid, just more
expensive, which is probably why the cheaper solenoid is not available
separately?

Typically paying a mechanic $100 an hour to disassemble it to install the
solenoid would quickly eat up any savings that reusing the starter motor
might save.

However, on a DIY job, it's YOUR time and YOUR money, so maybe used-but-good
solenoids in our parts bins are the cheaper route to take?

Just curious but how often does the actual starter motor go bad?

Just my opinion, and I never leave home without it ;>~}

Charlie