<VV> Need pictures and information on oroginal White bodied Rupp Chevy Jr Karts

Rick Loving ral1963 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 23 10:05:32 EST 2014

I have been working on an article on the history and progression of the Rupp
Karts, from the 1st GM show promotional custom kart, through the Ember Red
Monza Jr, the Marina blue Chevy Jr, the Monza Red Chevy Jr, and the story of
white Rupp Karts used at Safetyville USA.  I also have a small section on
the Shriner connection to the Rupp Karts.

I have understood (as provided via older sources) that the origin of the
White Chevy Jr bodied Rupp Karts were ordered and used at the Flint Michigan
Childrens traffic safety training center, Safetyville USA.

However, while researching more details about Safetyville, as well as
dicussing the Karts with people who attended Safetyville as children, I can
only find images and references of the later Monza Red Karts (along with the
odler GM bodied Karts, buicks, vettes, and others).

All of the historical images (alas Black and White)  I can only find images
of Karts that are obviously colored with a white nose stripe and the
"Cheverolet" script as used on the Monza Red Karts.

One of the main white carts that is currenlty active in CORSA events, turns
out was painted white and was originally a Monza Red Chevy Jr.

I am unable to locate any images or details about an original White Chevy Jr
as ordered and used at Safetyville?

I need help uncovering this historical detail?

Any images emailed to me at RAL1963 at comcast.net of original White bodied
karts would be appreciated...

Amy references directing me to more details about the White Karts would also
be appreciated..especvailly a color photo of any Safetyville images.

Did GM order them white and then paint and decal themselves?

Is the White bodied GM Kart order a historical fact or mis information
passed and propagaited over the last 40 years?

Rick Loving