<VV> MODERN RADIO

N2VZD at aol.com N2VZD at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 07:47:36 EST 2014

The biggest thing I look for , even if I am not a show person , is radios
that LOOK stock. I used to put Corvair fronts on several different GM
radios. I  just broke down and installed a new high end combo unit that even has a
remote  and removable front.  I still do not know what use a remote is in a
 car?
I mounted the radio stock and added a heated seat switch each side of the
radio face. Looks ok.
 The sound improvement with a modern 6X9 coaxial huge magnet  speaker
carefully modified to fit corvair bracket is amazing , especially  in a closed
car. The Truck tin box is a challenge to get nice sound in , but the  speakers
I have behind the seat do a fair job mixed with the home brew  front  dual
3 inch GM speakers. My next dream is a pair of BOSE tiny  speakers designed
to fit the front windshield pillars. I found a couple out of a  2010 sedan
deville in the junk yard to play with. They even sound good on the  bench. My
Rampy is full of subtle mods like this.
Regards, Tim Colson