<VV> Recognizing those who have contributead much to the Corvair hobby.

hank kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Mon Nov 24 22:09:36 EST 2014

There are many who deserve recognition.  Some were founding members.  Some
were members for decades. Some were members of the club and aren't anymore,
but the contributions they made are still worthy of recognition.
The ranks of members who bought Corvairs brand new are without a doubt
getting smaller.  And there are plenty of guys in the big Corvair shop in
the sky that deserve that recognition as well.
I feel bad for guys who never got to meet Tony Fiore.  My autographed copy
of the Corvair Decade is NOT for sale.  For those who haven't met Bob Helt,
make it a point to do so.  I was glad to have breakfast once with Richard
Finch and tell him how much help his book was to me when I was a
newbie---long before the internet was available for asking questions.  And
there are guys who haven't written books, but have already forgotten more
about Corvairs than I've ever known in the 27 years I've worked on and owned
them.

I hope the club makes a decision to honor those whose contributions to the
Club and the marque in general are worthy.

HANK