<VV> 65 Telescoping Wheel

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Fri Nov 28 08:38:02 EST 2014

> Is it possible to use a 65 telescoping wheel in a 66 ? Will a 65 telescoping wheel work with a 66 steering box?
> Thank you-Stephen Till
Stephen:

First, when you say "telescoping wheel" do you mean just the steering
wheel, or do you mean the whole column?  If it's just the wheel then,
yes, they're interchangeable, although the ways the wood wheel and the
non-wood wheel attach are different.

Since you're talking about the wheel working with the steering box,
however, there's a chance you might be asking about difference between
the 65/66 telescoping columns.  If that's the case, they are definitely
different.  I can provide more detail -- almost all of it learned from
Seth Emerson -- once you let us know.

Steven J. Serenska