<VV> End of an era

rgubser at zoomtown.com rgubser at zoomtown.com
Sun Nov 30 13:30:10 EST 2014

I used to really enjoy going to the Indy show. Until, that is, they changed the days from Fri./Sat./Sun. to Thurs./Fri./Sat. Ever since the change the show has steadily and rapidly gone downhill. People who work couldn't attend until Saturday, and by then most of the vendors were packing up by noon to go home. After the change the best day was Friday, and even so it was not nearly as well attended (by spectators and vendors alike) as the Saturdays had been before the change. The number and quality of cars on the show field declined greatly as well. And many of the car-related vendor spaces began to be populated by women selling jewelry, scented candles and doll accessories. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but that's not what I paid my admission to see. I don't think the show died of natural causes -- I think the promoters killed it. Just my opinion, (and that of several of my friends) of course.