<VV> spokes

Dusty Steinberg noahsarkinc at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 1 09:02:29 EDT 2014

The spokes that Dayton uses are not like the original spokes.  The originals were made of a straight wire, and the replacements that Dayton is using the wire has a gradual taper to it from about half way down the spoke to the threaded part where it screws into the spoke nipple.  When Clarks was reproducing the wheel and knock off, I supplied Cal with a complete set of engineering drawings that I had received back in the 1980's from one of the original engineers that worked on the project back in the 1960's.  He was just putting in his days until retirement, and had no project to work on, so I got to talk with him extensively about how they were made, and how they had to make some changes along the way when problems arose.
Paul in CT