<VV> "Corvair Baby," R.I.P

Thompson, Ed (MKE x1231) ed.thompson at quarles.com
Sun Oct 5 15:41:54 EDT 2014

Paul Revere (his actual name) of "Paul Revere and the Raiders," died yesterday, October 4th, at age 76.  One of his group's numbers, "Corvair Baby," which I believe was a special release to Chevy dealers only, around 1966, is still often heard at Corvair and general interest car shows.  The Raiders formed in the early 60's, coming on strong in the mid-60's, they had a number of pop hits through the mid-70's, and still performed around the country at county fairs, and the like, through earlier this year.  I saw them perform during the 1986 CORSA Convention in Grand Rapids (an entirely coincidental appearance), and during the 100th Anniversary Harley-Davidson event activities here in Beer Town, in late summer of 2003.  The 45 rpm "Corvair Baby" (w/ "SS 396" or "Camaro Baby," and maybe other tunes, on the flip side) is often available at Corvair swap meets.  He was a showman to the end, I will always associate him w/ our beloved waterless wonders...

Ed, Milwaukee, '66 Monza sedan, 110-glide

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged. They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from your system.