<VV> GM 1965 Corvair manual "Chassis Electrical" figure 47 and 49 issues?

Charlie chaz at properproper.com
Sun Oct 5 17:56:27 EDT 2014

Was the GM 1965 Corvair manual ever re-issued to correct issues with figures
47 figures 49, the titles of which were reversed, but more importantly, the
left rear light part of the diagram is also incorrect?

The figure shows the directional signals sharing the same lead, which would
cause both left and right lamps to blink on any turn!

The same figure in the 1967 Corvair manual is functionally correct, just
with different colored wired (so you have to buy another supplement ;>~?)

I'm trying to figure out how the directional signals (functionally) cause
the brake light to blink - is there another signal to the bulb, or does the
"blinker" simply interrupt, or shunt the brake light signal?

Shunting the brake light signal seems more likely since the directional
blinks "on-off-on" with the brake light off, but when the brake lights are
on, it blinks "off-on-off"?

I'm trying to making a functional diagram, to make it easier the next time,
so I don't have to start from scratch (again) ~ especially, the lag time of
realizing the original manual is wrong!!!

Any sources for other errors before I go down the wrong road again?

Thanks~
Charlie