<VV> Use of a Smaller Spare tire

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Sun Oct 5 19:09:05 EDT 2014

An important side note. If you do have a spare tire that is smaller (or
larger) in diameter, it should be installed on the non-driven end of the car.
If  all your wheels are the same size on your Corvair, and you move to a
smaller  spare, a flat on the rear should be replaced with a front tire
(appropriately  inflated) and the spare put on the front. Driven ends of the car
(the front on  FWD) should always have two tires of the same diameter.
Otherwise the  differential is working very hard to try to equalize the rotation
speeds. It can  destroy a positraction.

- Seth

In a message dated 10/5/2014 4:01:25 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,