<VV> Update regarding help with rt brake light

Joel McGregor joel at joelsplace.com
Mon Oct 6 12:13:41 EDT 2014

Where did you add the extra grounding?  To the outer housing?  The ground problems are often between the socket and the housing.
You will get those symptoms with a bad ground.  I just fixed one last week by installing a self-tapping screw between the housing and the socket to connect the two.
The housing appears to be aluminum and the bulb socket is steel plated with something.  The connection between the two goes away.  Put a screw in both sides and be done with it.
I can send pictures if you don't follow what I'm saying.