<VV> Corvairs for movie

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Tue Oct 14 12:52:39 EDT 2014

Patrick:

A movie was filmed in our house a few years ago so I can tell you that
everyone has given you good advice.  I think the summary statement is:
Protect yourself, but don't do it to the point where you jeopardize your
own participation in the movie, if that's what you want.

My additional $0.02 would be that, while it's true that your insurance
will likely cover any damage, insurance can't necessarily "un-fry the
egg".  What I mean by that is it would be best to decide beforehand how
you'd feel if something happened to your car that couldn't be repaired.

The best advice I got was to remove any items from the filming areas
that held great sentimental value to me (e.g., my grandmother's
Victrola).  I was happy I took this advice because, while the AD and
Location Manager *are* your friends and will make sure that you're
treated well, all those surly electricians carrying ladders might not
feel the same.  I watched more than one of them scrape door jambs with
their aluminum ladders.

FWIW, I tried to get my Corvairs into the film at various points by
parking them where I knew they'd be filming that day, but the shots were
never long enough to include them.  What killed me is that the exact
same crew, when filming the movie "The Fighter" a few years later, had a
great shot of a LM through a diner window in Lowell, Massachusetts.  I
gave them crap about it by email.

Feel free to ask any other questions offline.

Steven J. Serenska