<VV> Ball joints on a LM.

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Thu Oct 16 02:16:49 EDT 2014

On 10/15/2014 8:57 AM, Jerry Brown via VirtualVairs wrote:
> I have been working on a LM convertible for a 82 year old friend.  He had the Corvair in a local garage at Pawleys Island SC and they messed up the whole car. I am in the process of replacing the front ball joints as they installed some that had the rubber is sealed into the joint and have ripped open.
You can buy boots for ball joints through various aftermarket sources -
not Corvair specific.
Short term, just pump some grease into them and call it good.
Once a real body shop checks it out you'll know if it's worth fixing
and/or suing the last body shop.
I hope the last body shop isn't friends with anyone you care about?
(take lots of pictures)
>   Just wondered if anyone has run accross this problem. Not only that, they replaced the rocker panels on both sides, and let the center of the car droop.  The doors don't close good now.  It's off to a good body shop after I get done with my work.  He calls the Corvair The Money Pit, but I have renamed it Matilda the Gold digger.
I'm not sure that's fair - can't blame the car for the bad treatment it
received.

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---