<VV> Subject: Turbo hose clamps

djtcz at comcast.net djtcz at comcast.net
Sat Oct 25 17:23:03 EDT 2014

Some foreign cars have (had?) clamps made of wire that would seem to apply more concentrated pressure.
http://img.directindustry.com/images_di/photo-g/wire-hose-clamps-65240-2533157.jpg

Modest pressure should seal a uniform round or elliptical surface. Sealing against local low spot would be far tougher, requiring serious squishing deformation of the hose.

The machined turbo outlet would be hard to dent, although corrosion could under mine a good surface. The stamped steel manifold inlet might benefit from gentle application of an expanding exhaust pipe expander to raise any low spots. Are you clamping over the raised rib, or beside it?

Dan T