<VV> Installation of pistons

Jerry Brown air_cooled63 at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 10:05:55 EDT 2014

Thanks all for the quick and great response of information.  I figured there must be a geometry factor there. I hope the non believers will now conform.  I have never put any pistons in backwards.. Always followed the tech manual. However, about 10 years ago I bought a A/C equipped Corvair and was promised that the engine had never been into.  About 50,000 actual miles on speedo.  Car had set up many years, so I elected to remove the engine and go through it.  I found a #3 in the #2 position and a #5 in the #4 position.  The engine got a new set of pistons and some rods.  Still going strong today.  I believe in doing it right the first time.  I hear the Fan Belt toss went great. Wish I could have been there to take it in,  Too Many miles to go.  We did go to the Lowcountry Corvair Assn's of Charleston SC, annual picnic yesterday. Weather was really great and the steaks tasted really good.  Happy Corvair Driving!Jerry Brown