<VV> Installation of pistons

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 10:42:13 EDT 2014

Yes, its those types of things that would be harder to notice if the
marking system were not in place. The marking system helps find those
inconsistencies that could potentially cause a failure.

Luckily, the GM engineers did an excellant job on this engine design. It's
pretty much bullet proof if the basics are followed.
At overhaul, set all clearances within factory specs, do a break-in
procedure; then all the engine really needs is adequate fuel and
spark, clean oil and cooling air. With those, it will run for a long time.

Mark Durham
 Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed