<VV> Rampside in Jamestown, RI

Steven J. Serenska corvair at serenska.com
Thu Sep 4 18:59:10 EDT 2014

> Does anyone know of a person that lives in Jamestown, RI that goes by the
> ebay name of rishermantrucks.  He had a rampside on ebay last week I was
> high bidder but did not reach the reserve.  Looked like a prety nice rampside.

I looked this up in case I knew of the truck and noted a few things:

1) First, the seller may not live in Jamestown, RI.  The guy has had three recent auctions not meet the reserve.  The cars were listed in Jamestown, RI, New Canaan, CT, and Bethel CT.  He could live in any of those places.  Or none.  They could all be just garage space.

2) The description in the ad states that the truck was purchased in Florida 4 years ago.  While looking to see if I recognized his plates (yes, we do that in a small state like Rhode Island), I noticed that the truck in the photos was wearing Florida tags.  Those might be old pictures you're looking at.

3) The paint/trim on that truck is fairly distinctive insofar as it's not stock.  I'm pretty sure I've never seen that truck at a local show or at the Clark's show because I would have remembered the gold on red.

None of the above really means anything, other than the fact that the guy might not live in RI.

If you do get in touch with him, there are several of us who'd be happy to take a drive down to Jamestown to look at it for you, particularly while the weather is still nice.  (For those who don't live here, Jamestown is an island abutting the Atlantic Ocean, right next door to Newport, RI.)

Please let us know if you make any progress.

Steven "looking for a reason to drive the convertible to Jamestown" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible, 110/4
'66 Corsa Coupe, 140/4