<VV> underhood light- Instruction sheet pdf

Carlton Smith carlton55 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 6 08:59:23 EDT 2014

I have attached the installation sheet for the under hood ("Luggage
compartment") lamp as a .pdf. These lamp assemblies have a mercury switch in
the assembly housing and turn on only when the lid is up. I have had these
lamps on two of my LM corvairs, both 1965. Having that light illuminate the
trunk when you open the hood is a great thing!

The only thing in the instructions that I have not seen in a actual factory
installation is the 2 clips shown as "X". The wire always came out the hole
shown as "Existing hole J" and clipped to clip "Y". It had a small loop then
tucked under and fastened along the windshield washer hose clips over to the
left area and down through the grommet in on the left. You have to read the
instructions on how to route the wire through the hood X structure using the
existing holes as access for a stiff wire pull.

As to the original question of the 4 holes above the hood hinges, I have
those too, but they had nothing to do with the under hood lamp.

Carlton Smith
Indianapolis, IN