<VV> Gas tank problem

Garry Parsley geparsley at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 11 21:09:21 EDT 2014

Guys,

Followed with interest the recent thread on late model gas tank replacement, as I was getting ready to do the same. My old tank was good, but rusty inside. after cleaning and sealing with Red Kote, I was ready to reinstall tonight. All was going well until I couldn’t get the kink out of the vent hose. Finally decided to pull it all back out and trim the hose slightly shorter. Well, in the process the vent neck broke off. What’s the best way to re-attach? I’m leery of brazing due to not wanting to harm the new sealer, and not sure an epoxy like JB Weld or similar would hold up to the twists, turns, pulling, pushing and general stress of re-installation.  What’s the consensus – or variety of opinions? This is on a 1966 Monza.

Garry Parsley