<VV> Corvair dash speaker size

Rod Murray rmurray at pittsburghpenguins.com
Fri Sep 12 16:36:05 EDT 2014

May have answered my own question...found these notes and matching images at this site under the "options & accessories" section... http://www.oldride.com/library/1964_chevrolet_corvair.html    Neat page w/ fun information.

AM-FM Push Button Radio
 A 9 transistor radio with 9 diodes including printed circuit boards, full size 6 x 9 inch 10 ohm speakers and a choice between front or rear antenna.

Available on all Chevrolet models

Custom Manual Radio
 Includes 6 transistors, 3 diodes, printed circuit boards, direct coupled audio system with a 6 x 9 inch high fidelity speaker. Your choice of front or rear antenna.

Available for all Chevrolet, Chevelle, Chevy II and Corvairs.