<VV> Mounting Bumpers on LM

MarK Durham 62vair at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 23:43:21 EDT 2014

John, I just reinstalled my EM bumpers after straightening and rechrome. I
found that to get things aligned, because my brackets were made the same
way, was to installed them in the bumpers first but not tighten them all
the way, then as you install them to the car, the looseness of the holes
will make sense as the brackets will self align as you tighten them to the
car. Then go back and tighten the bolts holding the bumpers to the
brackets. The larger holes provide a loose fit because of the in exact
production back in the 60's. Start with the middle brackets and work out to
the ends as you tighten things up.

Mark Durham
Hauser, Idaho
62 Monza coupe Red/Red 4 speed