<VV> lube oil contamination

Jay Maechtlen jaysplace at laserpubs.com
Sat Sep 13 00:53:11 EDT 2014

I wouldn't think most applications were that sensitive to very small
percentages of water.

I suppose it would take some pretty wet conditions to get water into a
trans or diff. (fording streams?)

Don't trans and differential oils warm up more slowly than engine oil?
On an 80 degree day (for example) , I wonder how much stop-and-go
driving it takes to bring the trans oil over 212 degrees?
OK, it is mostly academic. But it might be another reason to get out and
run it once in a while, not just start it, and not just go to the
grocery store.

Regards
Jay

--
Jay Maechtlen SoCal '61 2-dr modified w/fiberglass skin, transverse 3.8
Buick V6 TH440T4 trans

---